Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Guana is my new BFF. We need you.


So: because we spend so much time at this beloved, pristine, undeveloped beach and because the state has tight controls over how its staff can interact with the Actual Internet, and for other, even more boring reasons, I've created a blog and a Twitter account for Guana (officially known at Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve). I know, I know. It's ridiculous. But it's beautiful and a source of peace and comfort to Rodney and I, such that I cannot begin to put into words. I would be grateful for your patronage, even if you don't live here, and can't walk with us on Saturdays and Sundays...just knowing you're willing to follow the blog and perhaps the (what will almost certainly be intermittent feed on) Twitter would be incredibly meaningful to me. I truly do feel that this is one of those places on earth we stand at great risk of losing. Your sister and brotherhood would be more welcome there than I can tell you.
Love, love.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you ~ many thanks to you and Rodney for your efforts to preserve this remarkable, pristine piece of old Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lulu, thank you so much. As the thing gets off the ground and the people who support the Reserve check in on the work I've done so far, I'll extend the dialogue and beg shamelessly for people to become followers. ;)
    Love, love!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts. If you have trouble getting past the gatekeeper, email and let me know.